San lorenzo Village Association Rental & lease advisory
San Lorenzo Village Association, Inc.19 San Lorenzo Drive, fan Lorenzo Village, Makati City 1223
Tel Nos: (Admin) 822-1234; (Telefax} 892-0550 (Security) 817-8871/72
TO : All Property Owners July 30, 2020Subject : PROPERTY LEASING
Recently some foreign Asian nationals who used to stay in condominium units around the Makati area have been moving to exclusive villages during this pandemic period.
We would like to urgently remind you that government agencies are on the watch for suspicious individuals/"family groups” who set up unauthorized internet gambling facilities, call centers engaged in fraud, drug manufacturing and/or trading and other illegal and nefarious activities in houses or condominium units which they are renting. Among the indicators that make these individuals/family groups” stand-out is the fact that they pay premium rental, pay a full year rent in advance and other indicators that prudent property owners can easily find suspicious.
At San Lorenzo, we are monitoring the unusual activities/movements in some houses that are rented by these individuals “family groups”. Usually these individuals/family groups” are home all day and night. In the most part, these individuals/family groups” are young men who are in their 20’s and who do not speak, nor write, English. Usually a group of 8 to 10 individuals will pretend to be brothers, cousins, uncle/nephews etc. The also usually have a “leader” type who speaks little English, but does not live with them at the location. He/she is present at the negotiation of the lease, but later on he/she cannot be found.
VIEWINGPlease observe the following procedures before and after viewing:
- Inform Admin (not Security Office) in writing the schedule of viewing with the name of your broker.
- Security guard will escort the broker to the house for viewing. When done, he/she will have to leave the village. Broker who is viewing a particular house is not allowed to roam around the village to scout for other properties with signs “For Rent” or “For sale” with contact numbers
- After viewing, and before you enter into a “Lease/Rental Agreement”. inform Admin of your potential client(s) with their travel documents such as _ copies of their Passports clearly showing the relevant information (including the signature) for our | verification.
- Admin will verify if the prospective tenant(s) and property owner are following the provisions under our Deed Restrictions and its Implementing Guidelines. Please be reminded the under said Deed Restrictions as well as the Makati City Zoning Ordinance, prohibit you to lease your house as a Boarding House, Staff House, Dormitory or Office (other than a Home Office) and further, that property owners may be liable for penalties under the Ordinance as well as SLVA Regulations, regardless of whether or not acts committed within their properties cause damage or injury to neighboring property owners.
NO MOVE IN PERMIT, NO ENTRYEffective immediately, SLVA will require any property owner who is leasing property within the Village to submit to the Village Administration a copy of the Lease/Rental Agreement before a Move-In Permit is issued. The original passport should also be presented to the Village administration for comparison with the copies before a Move-in Permit is issued.
In addition, we will also require for new tenants to submit a Health Certification from LGU or Diagnostic Health Laboratory as part of our health protocols to ensure the safety of the residents and employees.
Village Security has been instructed to refuse entry to the Village, of “individuals/family groups” who move-in without a Move-in Permit even when these “individuals/family groups” are ACCOMPANIED BY THE OWNER. Written and/or verbal instructions from property owners will not be honored.WE ARE STRICTLY DENYING ENTRY OF FOREIGN ASIAN NATIONALS WHO DO NOT SPEAK OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH IF THEY CANNOT PRESENT AN SLVA ID. ONLY REGISTERED TENANTS WITH NBI CLEARANCE CAN APPLY FOR ID.
NO MOVE OUT PERMIT, NO EXITVillage Security has been instructed to refuse pull out of household effects without “Move Out Permit” signed and verified by Admin.
Please take note of the following Schedule of ADMIN office:
- MONDAY to FRIDAY : 8:00AM to 5:00PM (8:00 to 17:00)
- SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS: Noo MOVE-in / MOVE-out. No deliveries from of appliances! (ex. SM etc)
- Exemptions: Moving light items such as small appliances from house to house within the village with own vehicle. No "For Hire" vehicles allowed!
- Tenants moving from one house to another withing the village are not allowed without the "accompished form" from Admin!
We request property owners who are leasing their property within the Village to cooperate with the above-mentioned policies and other initiatives that your Board of Governors may deem proper to implement for the general welfare of all the property owners and residents of the Village.
For your strict compliance.
Stay safe and healthy!
CC: SECURITY OFFICE